Pregnancy and breastfeeding periods but also simply the time make the breast flaccid. A breast lift will make you look youthful again.
A breast lift returns the nipple to its original position and removes excess skin. The procedure can be performed in conjunction with a reduction in the size of the nipple. Depending on the severity of the findings, the incision can be limited to the areola. If the entire skin mantle of the breast is to be corrected, the incision is widened from the areola to the lower breast fold. The breast volume is adapted to the individual anatomical conditions according to your personal desire for change.
- All your questions about possible complications and alternative treatments should be answered in advance.
- Keep nicotine and alcohol consumption to a minimum!
- If necessary, take hormone-containing medication (the pill) temporarily.
- Blood-thinning medication (e.g. ASS, Thomapyrin®) must be discontinued at least 10 days before the operation after consultation with your doctor.
- Vitamin preparations (A, E) and food supplements (omega-3 fatty acids, St. John's wort preparations, etc.) must be discontinued at least 4 weeks before the operation.
- Surgery limits the ability to travel by air. Therefore, do not plan any professional or private air travel during the 6 weeks after the operation!
- As a rule, surgery is performed under general anaesthesia as part of an outpatient procedure.
- The wound is mainly sutured with self-dissolving skin threads.
- The procedure takes about 2 hours.
- An elevation of the upper body of about 30 degrees (also during sleep) for 5 days is beneficial for decongestation and wound healing.
- Showering is possible immediately before the wound control from the 3rd postoperative day.
- Postoperative clinical check-ups are recommended on the 3rd postoperative day and after 1, 2, 6 weeks as well as after 6 and 12 months.
- Previously fitted support bras should be worn continuously for 6 weeks.
- Scar care (scar massage, sun protection, silicone overlay) from the 3rd postoperative week onwards helps to create inconspicuous scars.
- Sport, saunas, swimming, heavy work and sunbathing should be avoided for at least 6 weeks.