Pregnancy and breastfeeding periods but also simply the time make the breast flaccid. A breast lift will make you look youthful again.
A breast lift returns the nipple to its original position and removes excess skin. The procedure can be performed in conjunction with a reduction in the size of the nipple. Depending on the severity of the findings, the incision can be limited to the areola. If the entire skin mantle of the breast is to be corrected, the incision is widened from the areola to the lower breast fold. The breast volume is adapted to the individual anatomical conditions according to your personal desire for change.
- All your questions about possible complications and alternative treatments should be answered in advance.
- Keep nicotine and alcohol consumption to a minimum!
- If necessary, take hormone-containing medication (the pill) temporarily.
- Blood-thinning medication (e.g. ASS, Thomapyrin®) must be discontinued at least 10 days before the operation after consultation with your doctor.
- Vitamin preparations (A, E) and food supplements (omega-3 fatty acids, St. John's wort preparations, etc.) must be discontinued at least 4 weeks before the operation.
- Surgery limits the ability to travel by air. Therefore, do not plan any professional or private air travel during the 6 weeks after the operation!
- As a rule, surgery is performed under general anaesthesia as part of an outpatient procedure.
- The wound is mainly sutured with self-dissolving skin threads.
- The procedure takes about 2 hours.