Rhinoplasty in Saarbrücken
Every nose is unique. The shape of the nose not only has a significant influence on facial features, it can also affect nasal breathing. The basic features of the nose shape are determined by the bony and cartilaginous framework. Skin thickness, skin irritation or scars also influence the shape of the nose.
Do you wish to have your nose corrected? We can help you in Saarbrücken. Learn more about your nose job.
What’s a nose job?
The surgical method depends on your wishes for changes, the size, shape and position of the nose as well as the facial proportions. The most common requests for correction are the removal of a nasal bump, straightening or narrowing of the nose, the nostrils or the tip of the nose.
An examination of all structures ensures a balanced and harmonious result. This is best ensured via a very small access below the tip of the nose. In this way, the nasal framework can be displayed and precisely corrected. The access is sutured with threads thinner than a hair, so that the scar is practically invisible.
How can you prepare for a rhinoplasty?
All your questions about possible complications and alternative treatments should be answered in advance.
- Keep nicotine and alcohol consumption to a minimum!
- Taking hormone-containing medicines (the pill): Stop temporarily.
- Blood-thinning medications such as ASS and Thomapyrin® must be taken for at least two weeks. 10 days before the nose correction (after consultation with your attending physician).
- Vitamin preparations (A, E) and food supplements (omega-3 fatty acids, St. John’s wort preparations, etc.) must be discontinued at least 4 weeks before the operation.
- Surgery limits the ability to travel by air. Therefore, do not plan any professional or private air travel during the 6 weeks after the operation!
- The time of the operation should be chosen so that you have time and rest to recover.
- People who wear glasses should have contact lenses fitted beforehand, as the weight of glasses can affect the result after the operation.
How is a nose correction performed?
- The duration of the operation varies depending on the extent and extent of the operation and can take 1.5 to 3 hours.
- The operation is performed under general anesthesia and is accompanied by inpatient monitoring for 1 to 2 days.
What do you have to consider after a nose correction?
- During the first 3 days after the operation, you cannot breathe through your nose because a tamponade or silicone splint may be inserted into your nose for a short time.
- Immediately after the operation, a plaster cast is applied, which should be worn for 1 week.
- Cool the face with light cooling pads for the first 3 days after the operation! Bruises will disappear after 2 to 3 weeks, the swelling will start to disappear after 3 to 4 weeks.
- Sleeping with elevated upper body helps to reduce the swelling. Sleep on your back to avoid an unwanted injury of the nose during sleep!
- Avoid activities that could result in a blow to the nose (e.g. playing with children).
- Showering is already possible on the first post-operative day. You should wait 5 days before washing your hair.
- The stitches below the tip of the nose are removed after 5 days. Self-dissolving sutures are inserted inside the nose.
- The nasal passages should be treated gently with nasal ointments and nasal sprays in the first 4 to 6 weeks.
- Wearing glasses should be avoided for 3 weeks.
- The final contour of the tip of the nose can be seen after 9 to 12 months when the scar has healed.
- Sports, saunas, swimming, heavy work and sunbathing should be avoided for at least two weeks. 6 weeks should be avoided.
- Postoperative clinical controls are recommended on the 3rd postoperative day. Subsequent appointments are scheduled for 1 and 6 weeks and 6 and 12 months.
“Our goal is to provide the best, most discreet and precise treatment based on our extensive expertise in plastic surgery. „
Dr. Adelana Santos Stahl is distinguished by a unique international perspective with a feminine view of plastic surgery. Her personalized and detailed approach is key to the beautiful and natural results she achieves. Having trained in Brazil, one of the largest and most well-known countries for aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery, she understands her patients’ desire to look and feel their best. She completed her medical studies and her training as a specialist for plastic and aesthetic surgery in Brazil. In 2009, she also successfully passed the German equivalence examinations for the medical state examination. Two years later, in 2011 she received the German and in 2012 the EU specialist recognition (EBOPRAS) for plastic surgery. From 2009 to 2013, she deepened her knowledge of aesthetic and reconstructive facial surgery with world-renowned representatives of plastic surgery such as Professor Gubisch at the Marienhospital and Madame Firmin in Paris. A VDÄPC Fellowship (continuing fellowship for graduate students) in Switzerland, France and the USA has further enriched her professional experience. Dr. Santos Stahl is active in several prestigious professional societies. Besides the DGPRÄC and DGBT, she is also a member of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery – SBCP. She is also the author of several scientific articles and, together with her husband, is dedicated to research and clinical studies in the field of plastic surgery.