Microneedling for firmer skin
Both the microneedling leads to a firmer, more elastic skin and a finer skin relief. Under local anaesthesia, the finest needles are used to create micro injuries to the skin, which stimulate the body’s own repair mechanisms. It uses the effect that tiny injuries stimulate the skin to intensify regeneration. This can be used to treat wrinkles and scars. The stitches inserted through the many micro-needles are only one to three millimetres deep, which is just enough to stimulate the skin cells to form new collagen. This makes the skin look fresher and younger after some time. Scars become more inconspicuous and softer. Creams containing vitamin A and C as well as any other preparations used in connection with medical needling support the success of the treatment.
What is a microneedling?
Surgical needling has a greater penetration depth than medical needling. The therapy is therefore more effective and does not need to be repeated as often.
In contrast to dermabrasion, no healthy skin layers are removed. Unlike conventional laser treatments, the natural skin pigments are not damaged. The medical or surgical needling leads to an accumulation of cells in the epidermis, a more even structure of the subcutaneous tissue, a transformation of the collagen and a production of certain growth factors.
The treatment is particularly successful for large-pored skin and fine wrinkles around the mouth. Scars and stretch marks also become less noticeable after the treatment. The result is visible after about three months, as the collagen transformation takes time. A four-week pre-treatment and after-treatment with a cream containing vitamin A and vitamin C increases the effect.
How can you prepare for the microneedling?
- All your questions about possible complications and alternative treatments should be answered in advance.
- Keep nicotine and alcohol consumption to a minimum.
- A four-week pre-treatment with a cream containing vitamin A and vitamin C is beneficial.
- Blood-thinning medication (e.g. ASS, Thomapyrin®) must be discontinued at least ten days before the operation after consultation with your doctor.
- Vitamin preparations (A, E) and dietary supplements (omega-3 fatty acids, St. John’s wort preparations, etc.) should be discontinued four weeks before treatment.
- If you suffer from cold sores (herpes), you should tell them so that they can be prevented.
How is a microneedling performed?
A complete facial treatment takes about 45 minutes.
The treatment of a body region can be carried out under local anaesthesia and twilight sleep.
Due to the greater depth of penetration than with medical needling, general anesthesia is recommended for the treatment of several body regions.
What do you have to consider after the microneedling?
- After the operation, the skin is kept moist with a bandage to prevent crust formation.
- Skin oil containing vitamin A, C and E should be applied three times a day in the first week, then twice a day.
- Showering is already possible on the first postoperative day.
- This is followed by regular checks of your well-being and the results of the operation.
- Swelling and reddening of the skin must be expected in the first seven days. Usually you can go back to work after seven days.
- It is important not to cover the redness in the first week with make-up so that make-up particles do not lead to a so-called scar tattoo.
- Excessive UV radiation is not recommended for at least. 3 months.
Sun exposure, stress, unhealthy diet, smoking and the natural aging process are just some of the factors responsible for the loss of elasticity and the decrease in the collagen fiber count of the skin. The result is flabby, thin and coarse-pored skin. Surgical needling stimulates the body’s own collagen synthesis as well as the blood circulation of the skin by micro-stitches in the skin. This leads to a significantly better and rejuvenated skin appearance with thicker and firmer skin and reduced pore size.
Microneedling – what you need to know
- Duration of treatment: approx. 1 hour
- Stay in the clinic: 2-3 hours
- Anaesthesia: sedation or local anaesthesia
- Follow-up treatment: cooling for 24 hrs and skin care for 4 weeks
- Fit for socializing: after approx. 5 days
“Our goal is to provide the best, most discreet and precise treatment based on our extensive expertise in plastic surgery. „
Dr. Adelana Santos Stahl is distinguished by a unique international perspective with a feminine view of plastic surgery. Her personalized and detailed approach is key to the beautiful and natural results she achieves. Having trained in Brazil, one of the largest and most well-known countries for aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery, she understands her patients’ desire to look and feel their best. She completed her medical studies and her training as a specialist for plastic and aesthetic surgery in Brazil. In 2009, she also successfully passed the German equivalence examinations for the medical state examination. Two years later, in 2011 she received the German and in 2012 the EU specialist recognition (EBOPRAS) for plastic surgery. From 2009 to 2013, she deepened her knowledge of aesthetic and reconstructive facial surgery with world-renowned representatives of plastic surgery such as Professor Gubisch at the Marienhospital and Madame Firmin in Paris. A VDÄPC Fellowship (continuing fellowship for graduate students) in Switzerland, France and the USA has further enriched her professional experience. Dr. Santos Stahl is active in several prestigious professional societies. Besides the DGPRÄC and DGBT, she is also a member of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery – SBCP. She is also the author of several scientific articles and, together with her husband, is dedicated to research and clinical studies in the field of plastic surgery.