Due to the aging process, but also due to a pronounced weight loss, the soft tissue of the skin can hang in the area of the thighs. In order to improve this - both aesthetically and functionally - a tightening operation can be performed.
In order to mobilize the tissue as gently as possible, liposuction is performed. The contours become slimmer and the skin firmer. The scars are hidden on the inside of the thigh.
- The lift should be performed when the desired weight has been reached.
- All your questions about possible complications and alternative treatments should be answered in advance.
- Keep nicotine and alcohol consumption to a minimum!
- If necessary, take hormone-containing medication (the pill) temporarily.
- Blood-thinning medication (e.g. ASS, Thomapyrin®) must be discontinued at least 10 days before the operation after consultation with your doctor.
- Vitamin preparations (A, E) and food supplements (omega-3 fatty acids, St. John's wort preparations, etc.) must be discontinued at least 4 weeks before the operation.
- Surgery limits the ability to travel by air. Therefore, do not plan any professional or private air travel during the 6 weeks after the operation!
- As a rule, surgery is performed under general anesthesia. This is associated with an inpatient stay of 2 to 3 days.
- A suture pull is not necessary, as self-dissolving sutures are used.
- The procedure takes approx. 2.5 hours, depending on the findings.
- Postoperative clinical check-ups are recommended on the 3rd postoperative day and after 1, 2, 6 weeks as well as after 6 and 12 months.
- Showering is possible immediately before the wound check from the 3rd postoperative day.
- Previously fitted compression garments should be worn continuously for 6 weeks.
- Scar care (scar massage, sun protection, silicone overlay) from the 3rd postoperative week onwards helps to create inconspicuous scars.
- Sport, saunas, swimming, heavy work and sunbathing should be avoided for at least 6 weeks.
- Consistent sun protection (sun protection factor 50+) for 6 months.