Rhinoplasty without surgery means hyaluronic acid injections to refine small irregularities of the nose. The technique is ideal for patients who want to get an idea of the changes that rhinoplasty with surgery can bring about. The procedure is also suitable for patients who still have small irregularities after rhinoplasty. In recent years, rhinoplasty with hyaluronic acid/filler has become a popular alternative to surgery due to its safe technique, minimal downtime, and reversibility. Patient satisfaction after rhinoplasty without surgery is over 94 percent (Williams LC, et al., 2020, Plast Reconstr Surg.). The technique is particularly useful for correcting nasal bumps, nasal tips, mild asymmetries, a saddle nose, or a wide nose.
Each treatment procedure has advantages and disadvantages. The most important step towards a satisfactory treatment result is a fully comprehensive consultation with a specialist. The advantages and disadvantages of the treatments can only be known by the doctor who has many years of experience with both rhinoplasty and hyaluronic acid injections. Rhinoplasty without surgery differs from rhinoplasty in the following points:
- Hyaluronic acid can be used to correct only certain deformities of the nose.
- For rhinoplasty without surgery, you do not have to plan for any downtime.
- Hyaluronic acid injections do not leave any internal or external scars.
- The cost of a nose correction without surgery is significantly lower.
- The risks of a nose correction without surgery are lower.
- Result lasts over a year, but is not permanent.