In simple terms it can be said that full lips and an even skin appearance are spontaneously and unconsciously perceived as youthful and attractive in fractions of a second. Natural and beautiful facial features emerge from the harmonious unity of the face.
The skin loses its elasticity with increasing age and after intensive sun or UV irradiation. The connective tissue holding apparatus of the skin becomes slack and the skin fat shrinks. Individual predispositions or habits such as smoking can also lead to a decrease in the elasticity of the skin. The following types of wrinkles are distinguished with regard to possible causes and treatments.
Actinic wrinkles are caused by years of UV radiation from the sun or solarium, which damage the skin and support or even accelerate the natural formation of wrinkles. These wrinkles are particularly visible in the face around the mouth and neck. Sun wrinkles, for example, can be effectively treated with needling or peeling.
In the case of orthostatic or gravity wrinkles, muscles and skin fat sag as a result of the loss of tissue firmness. This type of wrinkle includes, for example, the nasolabial fold between the corner of the mouth and the nose. Depending on the degree of wrinkles, they can be padded with tissue fillers or autologous fat or/and corrected with a face lift. A brow lift may be necessary to correct sunken eyebrows.
Dynamic or mimic wrinkles are the result of active muscle movement. Fine muscles involved in certain facial expressions stretch or contract the skin. Over time, furrows appear in certain areas of the face. These wrinkles are often referred to by the facial expressions that characterize them, such as frown lines, lines of thought (forehead wrinkles) or laughter lines (crow's feet). A botulinum toxin A injection is suitable for reducing these wrinkles.
Certain proportions, harmony and symmetry play a decisive role in the perception of beauty. Therefore, we first ask you about your wishes for change and analyse your individual anatomical conditions.
Transplanted body cells help to build volume and improve contours. Deep frown lines or forehead wrinkles can be smoothed, rings under the eyes can be corrected. Balanced contours of the cheeks, lips, temples and chin can be restored. Fat cells can be aspirated from the abdomen, thighs, buttocks or knees.
- All your questions about possible complications and alternative treatments should be answered in advance.
- Keep nicotine and alcohol consumption to a minimum!
- If necessary, take hormone-containing medication (the pill) temporarily.
- Blood-thinning medication (e.g. ASS, Thomapyrin®) must be discontinued at least 10 days before the operation after consultation with your doctor.
- Vitamin preparations (A, E) and food supplements (omega-3 fatty acids, St. John's wort preparations, etc.) must be discontinued at least 4 weeks before the operation.
- Surgery limits the ability to travel by air. Therefore, do not plan any professional or private air travel during the 6 weeks after the operation!
- Lay down cooling pads at home ready to cool the skin after the operation!
- The procedure takes about 60 minutes, depending on the extent of the procedure.
- The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia and twilight sleep.
- On the day of the operation, driving a car should be strictly avoided because of the accompanying medication.
- A lot of rest and cooling help to keep the swelling low on the first day.
- An elevation of the upper body of about 30 degrees (also during sleep) over 5 days is beneficial for the decongestant and wound healing.
- Alcohol consumption increases the swelling tendency, smoking delays healing.
- Showering is possible immediately before the wound control on the 3rd postoperative day.
- Skin threads are only removed at the site of removal after 10 days.
- Bending down, lifting heavy loads and exercising should be avoided for 2 weeks.
- Postoperative clinical controls should be scheduled on the 3rd postoperative day and after 1, 2, 6 weeks and after 6 months.
- Sport, saunas, swimming, heavy work and sunbathing should be avoided for at least 4 weeks.