Fat Graft for Correction of Wrinkles
In simple terms it can be said that full lips and an even skin appearance are spontaneously and unconsciously perceived as youthful and attractive in fractions of a second. Natural and beautiful facial features emerge from the harmonious unity of the face.
How do facial wrinkles develop?
The skin loses its elasticity with increasing age and after intensive sun or UV irradiation. The connective tissue holding apparatus of the skin becomes slack and the skin fat shrinks. Individual predispositions or habits such as smoking can also lead to a decrease in the elasticity of the skin. The following types of wrinkles are distinguished with regard to possible causes and treatments.
Actinic wrinkles are caused by years of UV radiation from the sun or solarium, which damage the skin and support or even accelerate the natural formation of wrinkles. These wrinkles are particularly visible in the face around the mouth and neck. Sun wrinkles, for example, can be effectively treated with needling or peeling.
In the case of orthostatic or gravity wrinkles, muscles and skin fat sag as a result of the loss of tissue firmness. This type of wrinkle includes, for example, the nasolabial fold between the corner of the mouth and the nose. Depending on the degree of wrinkles, they can be padded with tissue fillers or autologous fat or/and corrected with a face lift. A brow lift may be necessary to correct sunken eyebrows.
Dynamic or mimic wrinkles are the result of active muscle movement. Fine muscles involved in certain facial expressions stretch or contract the skin. Over time, furrows appear in certain areas of the face. These wrinkles are often referred to by the facial expressions that characterize them, such as frown lines, lines of thought (forehead wrinkles) or laughter lines (crow’s feet). A botulinum toxin A injection is suitable for reducing these wrinkles.
What is wrinkle treatment with autologous fat?
Certain proportions, harmony and symmetry play a decisive role in the perception of beauty. Therefore, we first ask you about your wishes for change and analyse your individual anatomical conditions.
Transplanted body cells help to build volume and improve contours. Deep frown lines or forehead wrinkles can be smoothed, rings under the eyes can be corrected. Balanced contours of the cheeks, lips, temples and chin can be restored. Fat cells can be aspirated from the abdomen, thighs, buttocks or knees.
How can you prepare for your own fat treatment?
- All your questions about possible complications and alternative treatments should be answered in advance.
- Keep nicotine and alcohol consumption to a minimum!
- The intake of hormone-containing medications (pill) may be necessary. to take a temporary break.
- Are you taking blood-thinning medication such as ASS or Thomapyrin®? Mind. 10 days before the wrinkle treatment with autologous fat, these should be discontinued (in consultation with your treating physician).
- Stop taking vitamin preparations (A, E) and food supplements (omega-3 fatty acids, St. John’s wort preparations, etc.) before the operation: This should be done at least one week before the operation. 4 weeks before the wrinkle treatment with autologous fat.
- Do not plan to travel by air: The ability to travel by air is limited by OP’s. For this reason, do not plan any business or private air travel for the 6 weeks after the operation!
- Lay down cooling pads at home ready to cool the skin after the operation!
How is autologous fat treatment carried out?
- The procedure takes about 60 minutes, depending on the extent of the procedure.
- The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia and twilight sleep.
What do you have to take into account after your own fat treatment?
- On the day of the operation, driving a car should be strictly avoided because of the accompanying medication.
- A lot of rest and cooling help to keep the swelling low on the first day.
- An elevation of the upper body of about 30 degrees (also during sleep) over 5 days is beneficial for the decongestant and wound healing.
- Alcohol consumption increases the swelling tendency, smoking delays healing.
- Showering is possible immediately before the wound control on the 3rd postoperative day.
- Skin threads are only removed at the site of removal after 10 days.
- Bending down, lifting heavy loads and exercising should be avoided for 2 weeks.
- Postoperative clinical controls should be scheduled on the 3rd postoperative day and after 1, 2, 6 weeks and after 6 months.
- Sports, sauna visits, swimming, heavy work and sunbathing should be avoided for at least two weeks. be avoided for 4 weeks.
“Our goal is to provide the best, most discreet and precise treatment based on our extensive expertise in plastic surgery. „
Dr. Adelana Santos Stahl is distinguished by a unique international perspective with a feminine view of plastic surgery. Her personalized and detailed approach is key to the beautiful and natural results she achieves. Having trained in Brazil, one of the largest and most well-known countries for aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery, she understands her patients’ desire to look and feel their best.She completed her medical studies and her training as a specialist for plastic and aesthetic surgery in Brazil. In 2009, she also successfully passed the German equivalence examinations for the medical state examination. Two years later, in 2011 she received the German and in 2012 the EU specialist recognition (EBOPRAS) for plastic surgery.From 2009 to 2013, she deepened her knowledge of aesthetic and reconstructive facial surgery with world-renowned representatives of plastic surgery such as Professor Gubisch at the Marienhospital and Madame Firmin in Paris.A VDÄPC Fellowship (continuing fellowship for graduate students) in Switzerland, France and the USA has further enriched her professional experience.Dr. Santos Stahl is active in several prestigious professional societies. Besides the DGPRÄC and DGBT, she is also a member of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery – SBCP.She is also the author of several scientific articles and, together with her husband, is dedicated to research and clinical studies in the field of plastic surgery.