Why Have Insurance to Cover Cosmetic Surgery Complications?
Treatment is associated with opportunities but also with risks. According to § 52 Para. 2 SGB V “the health insurance company has to share the costs with the insured in an appropriate amount”, if after an aesthetic operation risks in need of treatment occur.
Despite all care in planning and execution, complications may occur during and after the operation. If necessary, this may result in further treatment, intensive care measures and operations.
Before performing aesthetic surgery, you should take out follow-up insurance. Follow-up cost insurance serves to cover the financial risks of any necessary follow-up treatment following an aesthetic operation that is not medically indicated.
The benefits and conditions of insurance providers vary
The following insurers are just a few examples:
- Medassure, Jahnke Hoyer & Cie. GmbH. Assekuranz- & Kreditmakler Konrad-Adenauer-Ufer 39 50668 Cologne, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: 0221 – 390 99 55 50
- Beautyprotect, quadmed AG, Landstrasse 36, FL-9495 Triesen, Liechtenstein, E-Mail: email@example.com, Tel.: 05123 – 400 0097
We ask for your understanding that we are not allowed to make any recommendation.
We advise you to carefully check the insurance premiums and in particular the insurance benefits. We have compiled a list of the most important questions that you should address with the insurance provider
- What is the duration of the insurance benefit?
- What is the scope of the insurance benefit?
- Is it assumed that the statutory health insurance fund is involved?
- Is a deductible required?
- What is the maximum sum insured?
- Are aesthetic corrective treatments paid for?
- What is the insurance cover for the combination of several types of treatment?
- What are the insurance benefits when using implants for implant rupture, capsule contracture, slipping or twisting of the implant, breast implant associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma?
- In general, there is a higher risk of surgery in smokers, blood sugar patients, overweight or older and a lower risk in non-smokers, healthy, normal weight or younger patients. Are there different tariffs or different benefits depending on one’s state of health?
We cannot accept any liability, in particular for the correctness, completeness and up-to-dateness of the information on follow-up cost insurance.